Landlord Tenant Issues

If you are seeking relief from conditions on a property in your neighborhood, there a number of options available to you:

  • Have you discussed this issue with your neighbor in a friendly, rational manner asking for their cooperation in resolving the nuisance? Discuss how the problem affects you and provide possible solutions.
  • If you have a community association for your development, attend your meetings. Get involved with solving the problems through volunteer programs.
  • File a complaint with the City of Oak Harbor Code Compliance Office. A code enforcement officer will be assigned to investigate the complaint. Information will be kept confidential to the extent authorized by law.

Dispute Resolution Center (DRC)

Many times a complaint is not a code violation and cannot be resolved by intervention through the city. You can contact the Dispute Resolution Center (DRC) of Island and Snohomish County.

The DRC of Island and Snohomish Counties is the oldest DRC in Washington, having offered mediation services since 1982. The mission of the DRC is to provide quality dispute resolution services and education to all members of the community. The Center promotes, teaches and encourages the use of conflict resolution principles in many settings. Services include: information and referral, conciliation, mediation, arbitration, training programs, practicum internships and consultation services.