Oak Harbor Fire Department (OHFD) serves the City of Oak Harbor located on Whidbey Island in Island County, Washington State. OHFD protects 9.714 square miles (including several miles of shoreline) and an estimated population of 23,565 (2019 estimate).
OHFD is a combination fire department with one station staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by career and paid-on-call firefighters. In an average year, OHFD responds to 1,400 emergency incidents. Station 81 houses four fire engines, one ladder truck, one rescue unit, and various support vehicles.
In addition, OHFD maintains mutual and automatic aid contracts with Island County Fire Districts Number 2 (North Whidbey) and Number 5 (Central Whidbey), WhidbeyHealth, and the NAS-WI Federal Fire Department.
Provided Emergency Services
- Fire suppression
- Emergency medical response
- Hazardous materials response
- High-angle and confined-space rescue
- Vehicle-accident extrication
- High-Risk Entry Team
- Fire Investigations and inspections
- Commercial Building plan review and occupancy inspection
- Fire prevention and safety education
- Free blood pressure checks