Activating & Stopping Utility Service
Activating Utility Service (In-person or online)
- Access the City of Oak Harbor, Washington Application for Utility Service online form.
- Online service application is available at the link below. Once completed, you must call the Utilities Office to start services.
- For questions, please call (360) 279-4530. Business hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays.
- Application for utility service will be in writing (online or in-person) with proper identification provided.
- Once the signed application is received, the $25 administration fee is required to activate the account. This can only be paid over the phone by calling (360) 279-4530 with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- After the account has been activated, the welcome packet will be emailed to you with details about monthly costs and services.
- Incomplete applications will delay the start of your service.
- Tenants signing up for service must provide landlord name and phone number of the owner/property manager. We require authorization from the owner/property manager to open tenant service accounts.
- All owners of property, however, shall remain ultimately and legally liable for the payment of any and all utility charges against the premises to which such utility service has been furnished or is available to the maximum extent allowed by law.
- The $25 administration fee will be paid at date of activation. The administration fee shall be nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- New owners must sign up for service within 24 hours of the purchase of the home to avoid disruption of service.
Stop Utility Service
Contact our office to stop utility service and close the utility account.
You must provide a forwarding address for the final bill.
In most cases, the water service will be disconnected at time of stopping tenant service, unless the owner of the property contacts our office prior to stopping service.
Temporary Service Disconnection
Contact our office to temporarily disconnect the service at 360-279-4530 or via email.
Temporary service disconnection is available for account owners who vacate the home for more than 2 consecutive months. Water service will be disconnected and all commodities except for storm drain will not be charged.
Reactivation of Temporary Service Disconnection
For reactivation of a temporarily disconnected utility account, please contact our office to schedule reconnection to service. A $15 water turn-on fee will be applied to the utility account once water is turned back on.
For accounts disconnected from service due to non-payment, once payment is made to restore service, notify the utility department with a request to reconnect service.
Temporarily Shut off of Water for Repair or Maintenance in the Home
Contact our office to temporarily turn off the water. Do not access the City meter without permission. Call our office at 360-279-4530 during normal business hours or 360-679-9567 after business hours to have the City meter turned off. After-hours non-emergency fee of $75 may apply. A $15 reactivate fee will apply when the City meter is turned back on.