We value your contribution to keeping Oak Harbor beautiful.
Individuals or groups can volunteer to provide one-time litter clean-up or Adopt a Street for a year to clean up the street up to four times a year.
Details for volunteering are listed on this page. Please contact Public Works to sign up or request to start collecting litter with our online form.
- Each group must include a leader to connect with City Staff by emailing or calling Public Works at 360-279-4752 to reserve equipment for pickup at the Public Works building
- All participants must complete volunteer forms (PDF) before the group performs its first event
- Participants must be 15 years of age to volunteer
- Volunteer groups must include one adult supervisor (individual 18 years of age or older) per eight minors (individuals between 15 and 17 years of age)
- One member of the group has current First Aid and CPR certification
Safety is our highest priority. Individuals participating in this program must watch the safety video before volunteering.
The City will provide individuals or volunteer groups with the following items for pick up from Public Works:
- Safety gear
- Garbage bags
Collection of Material
The Public Works Department will pick up the full bags of litter and anything too heavy, awkward, or hazardous that individuals or the group may find.