The mission of the Parks Division is to create and maintain attractive and safe parks and open spaces that conserve and enhance our relationship with nature and provide the citizens with recreational opportunities.
- Protecting the City's capital investment in parks and open space by performing timely maintenance
- Enhancing the appearance of the community through the landscape and building improvements
- Improving the safety of our play areas
- Using innovative and environmentally sensitive methods to maintain buildings and grounds
- Partnering with the community to promote common goals and volunteer opportunities
- Promoting sports tourism
- Providing a safe and supportive environment for our employees
Information about parks rules is available in the 6.12 Parks Code section of the Oak Harbor Municipal Code.